Elakizhi, where Ela means leaf and Kizhi means bundle, is a massage treatment, hailing from the ancient traditions of Ayurveda, in which medicinal leaves are used to tackle arthritis, joint pain, muscle cramps and stress. This treatment is specially recommended for inflammatory conditions of bones & joints, chronic back pain, spondylitis and sports injuries. Mixed Herbal leaves are used for this treatment. Herbs are cleaned, dried and powdered prior to the treatment. These are then tied in to a bolus using suitable cloth. Medicated oil will be applied over the body as per the individual conditions or as advised by the physician. The herbal powder bolus is heated in medicated oil and applied over the body or affected area in soft punches. The bolus is heated intermittently during the course of the treatment. It is beneficial in treating arthritis, bursitis, paralysis and muscular pain. It removes the toxins from the circulatory system, clearing the channels, imparting blood circulation. It is beneficial in inflammations of spinal muscles and found to be effective in certain low back aches, cervical spondylitis and frozen shoulder.
- Relieves pain, stiffness and swelling associated with arthritis.
- Pacifies the morbidity of Vata, Pitta and Kapha in the affected joints, muscles and soft tissues.
- Causes sweating and brings about lightness and a feeling of health in the affected joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Improves the movements of the joints
- Removes water retention in the tissues and effusion of joints
- Soothes the nerve
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves skin complexion
- Increase muscle strength
- It is anti aging and rejuvenation