Postnatal period ushers a whole new world for a woman. This period is a potpourri of happiness & contentment, on one hand and physical & mental fatigue due to delivery, on the other hand. To overcome these highs and lows, Ayurveda has described ‘Sutika Paricharya’ i.e. Postnatal Regimen. In this regimen, Abhyanga or Ayurveda Massage has a significant role. During postnatal period, it has a curative effect.
- Tones up pelvic floor, abdominal & back muscles and tissues and relieves muscle spasm.
- Aids in recovery from soft tissue injuries by increasing blood circulation.
- Improves digestion.
- Increases Red blood cells, thus prevents anemia.
- Improves Lymph flow, hence improved immunity.
- Prevents Thrombosis.
- Soothes nervous system and endocrine system.
- Reducing the stress.